Nursery (walkers + 2s & 3s) – The Jesus Storybook Bible
- Lesson: God to the Rescue
- Scripture: Moses and the Great Escape from Egypt, from Exodus 3–13
- Christ Connection: “Just as the oldest son could point to the lamb and say, ‘That lamb died instead of me’ a Christian can point to Jesus and say, ‘Jesus died instead of me.’ That is why Jesus is called the Lamb of God.”
- A Verse from the Story to Learn at Home: Exodus 6:7 — “God said, ‘I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God.’”
- Next Week: God makes a way - Moses and the Red Sea, from Exodus 14–15
Pre-K – 3rd- Dig In: Discipleship
- Lesson: God Speaks to Samuel
- Scripture: 1 Samuel 3
- Main Point: God speaks...so we listen for him.
- In this Passage: Samuel is a young boy who lives in the Tabernacle. One night, he wakes up to someone calling his name. He thinks it’s Eli, the priest, but it’s not. The third time Samuel hears his name, Eli realizes it’s God. Samuel listens to God’s message and passes it along. God speaks, so we listen for him.
- Christ Connection: Samuel used God’s words to tell the people what God is like. John 1:1 says that Jesus is the Word. Jesus showed the world what God is like, and He told people to turn away from their sin. Jesus ultimately freed people from the power of sin by dying on the cross and rising again.
- Next Week: David Values Saul's Life- 1 Samuel 24; 26
4th-5th– The Gospel Project for Preteens
- Lesson: Jacob and Esau
- Scripture: Genesis 27–28
- Main Point: Rebekah and Jacob tricked Isaac into blessing Jacob.
- Christ Connection: The promises for Abraham and Isaac also became the promises for Jacob. At Bethel, God showed that His plan was to continue the covenant through Jacob’s family and eventually a whole nation, leading to the birth of Jesus—the promised Savior.
- What was God’s plan for Isaac’s family?
- What promise did God make to Jacob?
- Why do you think God said the older son would serve the younger?
- In his dream, Jacob saw a stairway going up to heaven. What are some ways people try to get to heaven?
- How can we be part of God’s mission to bless the whole world through Jesus?
- Next Week: Jacob and Rachel Genesis 29–31